Cleaning up hurricane damage this weekend started the transition towards winter. The weather was cold and clear, the skies were sunny, and there was such a lot to do!
Cross off the seasonal chore list:
1. Cut "New Dawn" climbing rose to 6' tall young-middle aged canes and temporarily secure with stakes and twine; cut and bag the rest of the foliage for removal
2. Empty containers: harvest hot peppers, transplant herbs, and compost everything else
3. Plant 50 "Queen of the Pinks" Spanish hyacinth bulbs
4. Cut down peonies and clean away dead foliage; still need to apply bone meal
5. Pull up and discard faded annuals
6. Mow lawn: cut short and chop up fallen leaves
Only that little bit was accomplished? Geez . . . this transition needs to slow its speed . . .