Sunday, December 17, 2006

Nature's celebration

To take a break from gift wrapping, wreath hanging, and card writing, I went out for a walk this afternoon through one of the town's conservation areas.

The landscape, decorated in subdued tones, was a welcome balm for the intensity of seasonal demands.



I couldn't entirely clear my mind of holiday activities: I saw nature's tree-trimming efforts draped in garlands of bittersweet . . .



. . . dangling seed pod ornaments . . .



. . . and a spouting profusion of stars . . .



. . . while back at home, human hands were busy decorating the Christmas tree.



Inside and outside, happy holidays to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely. I'd much rather view this landscape than the interior of Burlington Mall during the holiday season!